RGE Strategic Planning Committee Charter
Overall Roles and Responsibilities:
The Strategic Planning Committee assists the board with its responsibilities for the organization’s mission, vision, and strategic direction with respect to the overall upkeep of Common Area facilities and amenities.
The specific responsibilities of the Strategic Planning Committee include:
- Making recommendations to the Board related to the organization’s mission, vision, strategic initiatives, major programs, and services.
- Helping to identify critical strategic issues facing the organization. Assisting in analysis of alternative strategic options.
- Establish an effective strategic planning process, including development of a three-year strategic plan with measurable goals and time targets.
- Annually reviewing the strategic plan and recommending updates as needed based on changes in the community needs, and other factors.
- Assisting in development of a strategic dashboard of key indicators.
- Monitoring the targets or progress points to ensure that Board adopted projects are on track.
The committee charter should include a list of the members assigned to this committee as well as the additional volunteer staff who support the committee.
- Initially, the Strategic Planning Committee will meet, initially, weekly and then move to biweekly meetings until the plan is presented to the Board.
- The committee will meet periodically throughout each year to ensure that approved projects are meeting completion points and to review any change to the plan that may be indicated.
- In addition, the committee will meet annually to assess the coming years plan.
The committee will review and receive the following reports:
- A project plan for each area of focus that includes but not limited to: specific points of research to be undertaken within the area of focus, applicable vendors, costs, and projected target timeframes for each research point and project completion.
Progress on strategic plan implementation.