Board of Directors Meeting
May 22, 2012
Board of Directors present: President Bill Joyce, Paul Langford, Bill Cannon, Rose-Mary Bulat, Pam Mullins, Joe Furgasso,
George Danz, Treasurer, Walter Rowland and Compass Group representative, Shannon Hyser
Residents attending: Len Bulat, Dwight Kehoe, Helen Mavity, Ed Reczek,
Sheila Doyle, Ann Wallace, Suzanne Pellish, Mike Allevo, Linda Allevo, Bridget Kane,
Patrick Kane, June Joyce, Ed Miller, Ginny Kehoe, Ron Coughlin, Joyce Francisco, Gloria Sakran,
Ron Julian, Tom Savage
The meeting was called to order by President Bill Joyce at 1:30 P.M.
The minutes of the last board meeting dated April 24, 2012 were accepted by P. Langford
and second by P. Mullins. Ayes all.
Treasurer's report:Walter Rowland reported on the financial summary, manager's
account, balance sheet and income/expense statement in detail. P Langford motions to accept the
treasurer's report and P. Mullins seconds. Ayes all.
- Allevo---paint color
- Mancini---paint color
- Bevere---paint color
- Moore---paint color
- Girdly---paint color
- The above requests have already been approved by a board member
- Allevo---install satellite TV dish
- Maddella---enclose lanai
- Farrow---place new manufactured home, shed, lanai and carport on vacant lot.
G. Danz motions to approve the ARB recommendations and J. Furgasso seconds. Ayes all.
- A. Gallagher---neighbor's tree---this complaint is on-going and a letter will be sent
to the resident stating the association does not deal with neighbor-to-neighbor disputes when there
is no violation committed.
- B. Golf cart driver---resident at 537 Charlemagne continuing to break traffic rule.
The Shefiff's department will be notified.
- A. Solar heating system…installed and working
- B. Pool heater---electric heater installed
- C. Fans in clubhouse…work almost completed
- D. 700 Charlemagne…landscaping work on property has not been done as
promised by resident---will be sent a violation letter.
- E. RGE Facilities Review committee…improvement plans reviewed. S. Hyser will
get bids for 7 glass block windows in all restrooms.
- F. Tennis/pickle ball court signs--P. Langford presented the sign to the board and
attending residents. It will be installed today.
- G. Golf course---waiting for information from attorney
- A. A/C units replacement--Cool Zone has given a bid to replace one A/C unit
at the cost of $5965, also a condenser and convert the air handler at the cost of $2853.
R. Bulat motions to accept both bids and J. Furgasso seconds. Ayes all.
- B. Driveway colors---color codes were discussed for “crafted” driveways. J. Furgasso
motions if the resident wants to repaint the driveway the same color, they still have to go through
the ARB. If the resident wants a color change, they have to go through the regular channels/requests
with the ARB. P. Langford seconds. Ayes all.
- J. Furgasso reminded everyone that outdoor objects (planters, statues, etc.) need to be
put away if residents are going up north, especially during hurricane season.
- P. Langford stated he spoke to a knowledgeable tennis court person who inspected our
courts and stated they're good for a few more years. No resurfacing needed at this point.
- B. Joyce states new tennis nets have been ordered.
- B. Cannon suggested our social director needs to be notified for any use of the clubhouse,
such as private parties, memorial services, etc.
- R. Bulat suggested at least half the lounge chairs at the pool be put under cover (out of
the sun) to help preserve them. Several board members and residents volunteered and the job
is already done.
FYI---THERE WILL BE NO BOARD MEETINGS IN JUNE OR JULY, 2012
P. Langford motions to adjourn the meeting at 2:20 P.M. P. Mullins seconds. Ayes all.
R. Bulat, Board Member and recording secretary
Riviera Golf Estates Homeowners Association
Board of Directors Meeting
May 22, 2012